One of the best things about V-Ray is the constant updates they make to an already professional-grade renderer. With a steady focus on usability and artistic control, Chaos Group announces their latest product: V-Ray Next for 3ds Max.
V-Ray Next is a direct upgrade for existing 3.x users. It is available for purchase as a standalone product or as an upgrade, with the standalone licenses starting at $1180. Current owners of V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max licenses can upgrade to V-Ray Next for as little as $580!
Here's a quick breakdown of what's new:
- Adaptive Dome Lights – Now utilizes light caches to improve speed and accuracy of the standard V-Ray Dome Light
- V-Ray Camera – Now offers Automatic Exposure Control and Automatic White Balancing to speed up your workflow and improve image quality across multiple frames
- Faster GPU Rendering – Take control of all the hardware available in your workstation computer to massively reduce render times
- Improved Denoiser – Now uses an artificial intelligence system to accelerate and improve the current denoiser solution
- Light Analysis – BRAND NEW to V-Ray, measure and analyze the light levels in your scene to create color renders and overlay them as useful data for your projects
- New Hair Shader – Removed the arbitrary values from the old hair shader and created physiologically accurate attributes to explore (reduces guesswork, improves realism)