Utilizing our laser scanning service with point clouds clients can capture quick and accurate 3D data, control project costs and duration. Point cloud is a large collection of points acquired by 3D laser scanners or other technologies to create 3D representations of existing structures. With millions of recorded points, a reference model begins to form formatted for an ease of visibility, workability and distribution. Our laser scanning service gives clients the ability to take existing projects that were captured prior to construction and use them as documented building phases as reference. Our laser scanner will perform clash detection analysis reports with the comparison of new models to the actual conditions of an existing building scan.
- Contact CTC for a quote. Our representative will contact you and a preliminary visitation will be scheduled.
- The preliminary visit encompasses checking existing conditions such as; environment, traffic, weather, lighting.
- A set up scan targets (Spheres and targets). Must have at least three common reference points between each scan.
- Setup parameters in the scanner (Quality specified by the client).
- Run the scan and repeat step2 until the entire area is scanned. Each scan must have at least 10ft overlap.
- Pre-process the scans and compile them into one scan project file.